Rental Power Plant Solutions for the Utility Power Generation Industries
We realize that there are times when even permanent power plants may need a little help just to keep going. Whether it’s for coal power plants, nuclear power plants, hydro power plants, or solar, wind and other renewable energy plants, we can deliver multi-megawatt temporary power plants that can replicate or supplement the functions of a permanent power plant.
Power generation companies and power authorities who should consider renting power plants:
- Thermal power plants or any power plants that use turbines that run on heat to generate energy. In particular:
- Fossil fuels such as coal, petroleum/oil, natural gas
- Geothermal. These are power plants that use turbines that run on heat to generate energy.
- Hydroelectric which converts potential energy from falling water in a facility / dam
- Solar or photovoltaic farms
- Wind energy farms
Advantages of hiring temporary power plant:
- Customer needs are met through the flexibility to increase or decrease the power generating capacity
- You can choose short or long term leases that offer the flexibility to follow seasonal demand and power requirements
- Swift deployment and fast replication of power plant installations in any type of area
- Lower capital spending when power is required for just a short period. This secures your cash flow and that the power plant producer can cut out any unnecessary capital expenditure
- In time, a chronic power shortage, power failure, electricity rolling blackout and load-shedding will be avoidable
- Renting a power plant can maintain social stability and promote steady economic growth
- Quick, temporary power solution for breakdowns, unexpected issues or any emergency situation
Times when you might need to rent a power plant:
- When emergency power is needed because a natural disaster has caused a power plant to fail
- When you need to react to natural disasters or weather phenomena. This could be a drought that has lowered the water level of a dam, it could be a strong hurricane that has knocked out coal power plant functionality, perhaps continuous heavy rain that has flooded a station and damaged its capacity, or an earthquake that has ravaged a plant
- When you are up against a chronic shortage of basic goods like coal because of an unpredictable shock in the world market, or the unavailability of the gas supply due to sudden scarcity
- When the main power plant is still being built or its commissioning is in progress
- When old facilities in a power plant need maintenance work
- When you need a back-up or standby temporary power plant during an upgrade or any kind of shutdown
- Peak shaving during peak seasons like summer or winter
- Additional power when demand rises unexpectedly
- Supplemental power during seasonal highs
- Load shedding and power cuts
- When you are faced with a chronic power shortage because optimum power generation cannot be achieved
- Power plant facilities are undergoing planned maintenance, shutdown or updates
- Neighboring countries have diminished electricity exports or there is an inadequate power supply coming from a power pool member country
- Explorations or start-up of large-scale research missions in uncharted territories
- Far-reaching places, remote islands and isolated Industrial areas where power generation infrastructure is not yet available
- Other unforeseen circumstances that leads to power outages
Benefits of hiring Altaaqa Global Cat Rental Power:
- Altaaqa Global Cat Rental Power, with the strategic support of Caterpillar, provides a worldwide network with over 1,600 locations that can offer customers complete multi-megawatt temporary power solutions.
- The power generation industry’s largest – and most modern – rental power fleet. Altaaqa Global together with Caterpillar’s network of Cat dealers combine to offer full-line, single-sourced solutions for all rental power needs. All dealers are backed by factory rental professionals around the world, providing an extra level of support provided by Altaaqa Global Cat Rental Power and the Cat dealers worldwide.
- Reliable equipment, built exclusively for rental power industry. Temporary power modules are well engineered and packaged to withstand extreme climate – from the harshest heat conditions of the Middle East to the rugged cold mountains of North America and the wet tropical rains of Asia.
- Experienced engineers and service technicians, supported by the best parts availability in the world. Altaaqa Global and Caterpillar’s parts network provides local sourcing for most parts and routinely ships emergency orders within 4 hours of receiving the order. No other rental operation can boast of the worldwide dealer network and parts distribution system that Altaaqa Global customers have come to rely on.
- Turnkey service – around the clock, 7 days a week. Cat Rental Fleet and dealer Resource Centers provide expert consultation, additional rental inventories, and other resources to dealers and their customers worldwide. Altaaqa Global Cat Rental Power and Caterpillar’s network handles large-scale temporary power projects of almost unlimited size, from 20MW rental power plant to 250 MW distributed power generation or more.
- Altaaqa Global’s power rental fleet is built by the world’s largest manufacturer of medium-speed generator engines, Caterpillar diesels are the cleanest in the industry.
- Altaaqa Global’s natural gas and dual fuel is the cleanest solution in the power rental industry.
- Altaaqa Global’s strategic partnerships with key suppliers of power ancillary equipment such as power transformers, distribution equipment, etc. ensure matched, high-quality total solutions for any temporary power requirement.
Request for quote or meeting? Click here